Sunday, September 26, 2010

Joy of a bus ride

After two years of driving to college in a hygienic air conditioned car, the transition to travel by buses seemed a bit difficult. But the joy of traveling by busses is unparalleled to driving sixty kilometers everyday.

Be it the chaotic school kids knocking down your feet early in the morning or struggling to find a seat desperately because the bag is too heavy, the conductor of my 425A always manages to vacate a seat for me. And in case I don't carry money (which happens often), he smiles and says - next time.

Medha in my 425A



But how can I even start talking about busses without mentioning about Medha, who taught me 'bus rules' like a kindergarten teacher teaches alphabets! She usually joins me half an hour into my journey to college. I often change the bus at her stop in Moolchand. 
Overcrowded blue lines race at Mall Road
The adventures offered by the private buses are innumerable. Be it hanging from the door like a monkey while the devil races with another at 80 km/h or the duels between two conductors, it has it all. My next stop is at ISBT, from where I catch another bus which takes me to Mall Road.

A car captured between blue lines at ISBT, such experiences dragged me out of the car, into the bus! It's alway better to be with the hunter than the prey

From Mall road, another short bus ride takes me to college. It might sound a long journey but it's a nice way to begin my day. Going back is equally rigorous but physical tiredness can't overcome your mind, can it?

At night, I just sit back and enjoy the rain and traffic jostling past me as I sit on my favorite seat above the rear wheels!

A little rain heals it all!
There is so much more to a bus ride than reducing your carbon footprint! 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving me more credit than I deserved! But certainly, this picture is not one that defines me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted the put up the marathon pic... but thought should put a nice one instead :) that would have been more appropriate I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No... You're so not putting up that pic..I shall kill you if you do so.

    ReplyDelete