Sunday, August 15, 2010

Democracy Hurts


It is a sheer coincidence that I am writing my first blog on Independence Day. Had it been even seven decades earlier, I definitely couldn't have thought of doing so (well, the internet was developed in the 1950s but even if it were available in the 30s, would I have really been allowed to so?). Thanks to the millions who gave their lives willingly and unwillingly for me to enjoy this freedom. 

The question is- how wisely are we using this freedom? The free media is propagating everything it shouldn't and enjoying its freedom to mislead people. The freedom to carry bombs is another example. It scary to travel by public transport these days. I dropped my umbrella in the metro today which created a sharp sound. The fear on the face of my fellow commuters was overwhelming. Then in the bus, a black bag created a havoc. Later, it turned out to be of a passenger who was enjoying his freedom to listen to music and freedom to not to care. 

But let's not crib today. Let's enjoy what we have. Here are a few snaps of the tibetan refugees who have been fighting for democracy for the last 70 years. It's good to see them enjoying their freedom in India which provides refuge to the ethnic group.















1 comment:

  1. I am continually stunned by how beautiful everything you make is.

    ReplyDelete